HOHW PRIZING RULES
- Eligibility: Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to those who donate to the Hell or High Water Fundraiser page and who are at least 21 years old. The sweepstakes is open to the legal residents of the Canada and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Hell or High Water (the “Sponsor”) their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set. forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Hell or High Water, as final and binding as it relates to the content.
- Sweepstakes Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on or about 03/28/2022 at 8:00 am and ending 05/13/2022 at 3:59 pm. All times are BC (pdt). All proceeds go to the Rotary Club of Merritt, BC, Canada and then dispersed to non profits in participating communities affected by BC fires and floods.. Draw dates are subject to change. Gifting for gifts is not tax deductible.
- How to Enter: The Sweepstakes must, first, be entered by submitting a donation on the Hell or High Water website Followed up by completing the online form provided on this site. The entry must fulfill all sweepstakes and donation requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize.
4 (a) Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Hell or High Water . You may enter by donation as many times as you see fit and you must fill in the information requested every time. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Hell or High Water .
4 (b) Sponsor and its participating partners are not responsible for missed contest entries because of time-outs, poor internet, poor connections of social media channels, flagged as spam, not following the instructions and other technical challenges.
- Prizes: The approximate retail value of prize is $660 based on the prize gifted to the Hell or High Water Fundraiser. You are not guaranteed to win a prize and your chance of winning is dependent on the total number of eligible entries received. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, provincial, and local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Hell or High Water to use winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner selection and notification: Winners of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing under the supervision. Winners will be notified via phone May 14th, 2022 following the winner selection. Hell or High Water shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winners’ missing phone call or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 2 hours of being contacted, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and provincial laws and regulations. Confirmed winner will be announced on the partnered websites and social media pages.
7(a) Photo from winner must be provided to claim prize. Winner must send photo of their likeness to fundraiser organizer prior to shipping of prize.
7(b) Winner will be required to provide mailing address and proof of identification and age for acceptance and delivery of prize.
7(c) Winner will provide photo receiving prize package (optional but highly appreciated).
7(d) ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by you: By entering this content you understand that Hell or High Water, anyone acting on behalf of Hell or High Water, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
- Terms: Hell or High Water reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Hell or High Water may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Hell or High Water . Hell or High Water reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
9 (a) Hell or High Water has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by sweepstakes rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Hell or High Water reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Hell or High Water and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF CANADA AND BC, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in BC having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Sponsor: A All proceeds collected, including those made online and through the telethon portion of the event, will go directly to Rotary Merritt who will then work with Rotaries throughout the affected areas to disperse the funds to communities and individuals affected by the natural disasters. Sponsorships of the Live Concert may be partially used to support the event with the rest going directly to Rotary Merritt for dispersal to those in need. Box 938 Merritt, BC V1K 1B8 Canada.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn or Google. You understand that you are providing your information to the owner of this sweepstakes and not to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn or Google.
This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.